Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Off to Kyrgyzstan!!!!


Well tomorrow's the big day! Wendy and I take off from LAX at 3:30 and will arrive on Saturday morning in Bishkek.


I am so blessed to have this dear wonderful friend travel with me to get Hannah. Wendy and I go back over 20 years when we were friends in college and then roomates post college and pre marriage. We have gone through many seasons of life together and she is truly a faithful cherished life long sister in the Lord. We are going to have such an amazing adventure together!


The tentative schedule will be:

Arrive at 4:10 a.m. in Bishkek on Saturday, July 28th.

Get to the hotel and sleep a bit before being picked up at 10:00 a.m. to go get gifts and cake for the orphanage.

Go to the orphanage and get our baby girl!!!!

Rest


Sunday, July 19th, hang out with Hannah and tour the city a bit.

Monday and Tuesday do paperwork with the embassy in Bishkek and get Hannah's passport.


Wednesday, August 1, travel to Almaty Kazakhstan in the wee hours of the morning (ie. 3:00 a.m.) For some reason the border between Kyrg and Kaz is only open at night between 10:00 p.m and 7:00 a.m.

On arrival we will go directly to a medical clinic where Hannah will have her medical exam. We will then take the results to the US Embassy and make an appointment for the following day.


Thursday, August 2, US Embassy


Friday, August 3, fly to London and spend the night. My longtime dear friend Sue is flying over form Fance to meet us and spend the night with us!!!! Sue and I were roomates in college and I lived with her family for a couple of years while I was getting my teaching credential. Her parents are so dear to my heart. Anyway, it means so much to me that she will be joining us.


Saturday, August 4, fly home! We will arrive at 1:10 at LAX!!! I cannot wait for this homecoming!


Bob is gearing up to play Mr. Mom for the next ten days. Thankfully I have a few friends who are helping ot watch the boys during the day so Bob can work. I also hear there are some dear folks making dinners for them while I am gone and some who will bring us meals upon my return! Thank you so much to all of you who are helping us! We are so blessed by such an amazing community!


So, I'm off to put the boys to bed and give them a bit of extra much needed attention! I ask you to please cover me in prayer on this trip. Please pray for sleep...for Hannah and for me and Wendy. Pray none of us get sick and that all goes according to plan.


The picture above is from last night celebrating Bob's 46th birthday. Our last bit of time as a family of four!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Ladies,

May God bless you both on this amazing journey to bring your new baby girl, Hannah Paulina, home to such a loving family. God be with Bob, too, as he takes on the role of Mr. Mom with the boys. Sloan, your family is beautiful. God Bless you all. I'm looking forward to reading about your daily adventures with Hannah Paulina. Wendy, you take good care of Sloan! All My Love, Janet

Katrina and Ken said...

Praying for a safe and wonderful trip! I am looking forward to following your journey to bring your beautiful daughter home. What an amazing blessing!

FYI--Sloan we will be leaving for China on the 14th to bring Elaina home!

Love,
Katrina

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today and sending up high prayers for all of you! xoxo Mary