Thursday, August 16, 2007

We are so blessed!






Well we've been home close to three weeks and all is well. It has definitely been an adjustment! I had forgotten how much work this is! It's so surreal to be back in the baby mode, with everything that comes with it. I get stopped in stores by old ladies, I have a smushed nutrigrain bar at the bottom of my purse, spilled juice on the seat in the van, crushed cheerios on the kitchen floor, the smell of baby lotion on my hands and I'm tired. But I am oh so happy.




Oh, and I had forgotten how hard making dinner can be with a baby on the hip! I am learning all over again how to do everything with one hand!





She is just so precious. Everyday I get a new glimspe of her personality that truly amazes me. And it's so fun to have a girl! I took her in with me to get my hair cut and she just sat on my lap as happy and content as can be. All the ladies ooohed and aahed over her. I could've never done that with my active boys.




She has been making tremendous gains and we are so delighted at every little thing she accomplishes. She can play peek-a-boo, blow kisses, wave bye-bye, and the other day she said "Mama". She hasn't said it since but I am so excited. The boys first babbles were "Da da da da" which naturally led them to say "Dada" before "Mama". Her babbles are "Ma ma ma ma" so I am so happy that one of my children will say my name first!





Everyday she seems to be coming more and more out of her shell. She is definitely exerting her little will and we welcome that. She fights me when I change her diaper, one day she'll eat everything, the next almost nothing, she arched her back today when I put her in her car seat and she fusses when she wants something from me, usually my cell phone or my keys or a credit card! Uh Oh! Then she just smiles up at me and melts my heart. Yes, she is a typical toddler!



I had no idea I could fall in love so easily!












No comments: